Last updated May 2018
Sterling Pharmaceuticals Ltd (trading as Sterling Specials) is registered in the UK and our company registered number is 06268419. Our office / warehouse address is 288 Upper Balsall Heath Road, Birmingham, B12 9DR United Kingdom.
In the context of this document, "we", "our", or "us" refer to Sterling Pharmaceuticals Ltd and “process” implies collection, storing, transferring, utilising or acting on information
We take seriously the protection of your privacy and confidentiality. We clearly understand that all visitors to our website are entitled to know that their personal / company data will not be used for any purpose unintended by them and will not wrongly fall into the hands of any unauthorised third party.
We undertake to preserve the confidentiality of all information you provide to us, and hope that you do the same in respect of all the information we provide to you.
Our policy is in compliance with the relevant UK regulation including the requirement by the EU General Data Protection Regulation.
We are required by regulation to tell you about your rights and our obligations to you in regards to the processing and control of your data. In this regard, we will like to request that you read the information provided in the following weblink: www.knowyourprivacyrights.org
We will like to inform you that Sterling Pharmaceuticals Ltd does not share or sell or divulge to an unauthorised third party, any information collected through our website or by other means. We will only share your information with authorised third parties within or outside the European Economic Area (EEA) in order to comply with a legal requirement or to provide ordered pharmaceutical products.
The information we hold about our customers
We gather information about our customers when they specifically provide it to us through online, emailed or faxed orders for our products and when other sources provide such information to us.
How we use the information we collect
- To process your orders in order to supply required pharmaceutical products
We use information about you to supply pharmaceutical products to you including providing customer support through dealing with all of your commercial and technical queries.
- To communicate with you about our products We use your contact information to send business related communications to you via email and generally provide customer support and technical advice where required.
- To communicate necessary information: We use your contact information to send necessary information relating to changes in our operations or changes to delivery times e.g. during bank holidays.
- To provide customer support We use your information to resolve technical issues raised by you and to assist with any other enquiries you may have. When you contact us, whether by telephone, through our website or by e-mail, we collect the data you have given to us in order to reply with the information you need. We record your request and our reply in order to ensure our operational efficiency.
- We keep information associated with your message, such as your name and email address so as to be able to track our communications with you in order to ensure the delivery of excellent services that our customers truly deserve.
- To process a complaint:
When we receive a complaint, we are required by regulations to record all the information you have provided to us and we make use of the information to resolve your complaint in the best possible manner.
If your complaint reasonably requires us to contact some third parties (e.g. manufacturers or suppliers of the products we have outsourced for you (where the product involved is not an item we manufacture in-house), we may need to supply to that third party some of the information contained in your complaint in order to ensure that your complaint is satisfactorily dealt with.
Information processed by us for the purposes of legitimate interests
We may process information on the basis that there is a legitimate interest, either to you or to us, of doing so. Where we process your information on this basis, we do so after having given due consideration to:
- whether the same objective could be achieved through other means;
- whether processing (or not processing) might cause you harm;
We may process your data on this basis in order to:
- ensure proper record-keeping and necessary routine business operations
- ensure the protection and defence of our legal rights
- insure against or obtain professional advice that is needed to manage business risk
- protect your interests where we believe we have a duty to do so
Information processed by us because we have a legal obligation
We may be required by regulation to process your information in order to comply with a statutory obligation. Where this is the case, we will have to disclose information we hold about you. Disclosure and sharing of your information
We share information with third parties that help us operate, provide, improve, integrate, customize, support and market our pharmaceutical products.
We work with third-party service providers to provide software applications, website and application development, hosting, maintenance, backup, storage, virtual infrastructure, payment processing, analysis and other services for us, which may require them to access or use information about you. If a service provider needs to access information about you to perform services on our behalf, they do so strictly under instruction from us, including abiding by policies and procedures designed to protect your information.
Commercial Partners of Sterling Pharmaceuticals Ltd
We work with third parties who provide consulting, marketing, sales, support and technical services to deliver and implement customer solutions.
Compliance with Enforcement Requests and Applicable Laws / Enforcement of Our Rights
In rare circumstances, we may be required to share information about you with a third party if doing so is reasonably necessary to:
- comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or government request, including to meet national security requirements,
- enforce our agreements, policies and terms of service,
- protect the security or integrity of our products,
- protect Sterling Pharmaceuticals Ltd, our customers or the public from harm or illegal activities, and
- respond to an emergency which we believe in good faith requires us to disclose information to assist in preventing the death or serious bodily injury of any person.
Where we need to process data outside the European Economic Area (EEA)
We may use outsourced services in countries outside the European Economic Area from time to time in other aspects of our business. In such circumstances, data obtained from within the UK or any other country may therefore be processed outside the European Economic Area.
Our Suppliers and/or Agents
Where you have entered into a contract with us for the supply of pharmaceutical products, we may need to share your information with our Suppliers and/or Agents to ensure fulfilment of your order. For instance, we may need to supply your delivery address to our courier service providers in order to fulfill your order.
The information will only be shared if it is necessary for the fulfilment of your order / contract.
Access to your own information
To obtain a copy of any information relating to you, you may send us a request at [email protected] Upon receiving your request, we will tell you when we expect to provide you with the information, and whether we need to charge any administrative fee for providing such information to you.
Removal of your information
If you would want us to remove your data from our database, you may contact us at [email protected] This may however affect our ability to fulfil your orders for pharmaceutical products.
Cookies are tiny text files that are automatically downloaded to any device you use when you visit our website. They are designed so as to make your visit to our website easier and quicker. Through cookies, we are also able to know how efficiently our website is working and ensure a smooth experience for all who visit our website.
Compliance with the law